Friday 21 March 2014

Draft 2. How does your media product represent particular social groups?


         
              
I have decided to compare Teagle my artist to Usher. I used UK tribes to identify what kind of social group would buy my magazine, and the ones that best suited my magazine were Townies, Mainstream and Stylers. Usher is a very well known R&B artist and in terms of clothing he is very similar to my artist as they both look very smart and do not advertise brand names as much as other artist and this fits very nice with the social groups because they don't like to wear big brand names. The difference in terms of clothing is that Usher likes to wear sunglasses a lot and my artist does not it's just like a personal signature. I feel like to appearance of both artist are similar to because they both want to look their best when they go out in public. There are some differences with these two artist because Usher is older and a different ethnicity to my artist but they still very similar. I feel that Usher is a great comparison to Teagle because he is already representing these social groups in a great way as he has featured on many mainstream magazines that's why I chose him to compare to my artist and using the same sort of clothing as Usher would help to connect with my chosen social groups more. The contents of what's inside my magazine represents the social group that I have chosen because it has the sort of music that they like in it, it has mainstream music, celebrity news and that's what my social groups like so that is what I have included in the magazine. This helps represent them because it has what they like in it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment